In order to apply for a 60-day temporary Pistol Permit from the Town of Old Lyme, the following conditions need to be met:
- State of CT Pre-enrollment form with applicant tracking number bar code
- Two separate fees paid online to register for your fingerprints $75.00 and $13.25
- A completed Pistol Permit Application (PDF) (must be notarized)
- A recent National Rifle Association (NRA) Certificate
- Signed and dated (on bottom of each page) FBI Privacy Act Statement packet
- 1 Fingerprint Card: To register for your fingerprints to be taken, please visit: PreEnrollment website and enter for following service code for Old Lyme: C953-6197 After entering the service code, confirm the fingerprint reason by selecting the "Yes - this information looks correct" option. Complete the pre-enrollment information as completely as possible. All fields in bold font / blue highlight are mandatory to move forward with the process. After filling out all applicable fields, move to the next section by selecting the "submit pre enrollment" button at the bottom of the screen. After completing the pre-enrollment steps, a confirmation screen will appear confirming registration is complete, including your Applicant Tracking Number. At that time you will be asked to pay with a credit card the two amounts of $75 and $13.25. This Tracking Number will need to be taken to your fingerprinting session. It will also be sent to the email address you provided during registration.
- Please bring Applicant Tracking number with bar code along with the above items.
Once these items are processed through the Federal and State agencies, there will be a $70 charge due to the Town of Old Lyme. You will receive a 60-day temporary permit which needs to be submitted in person at the State of Connecticut Department of Public Safety at 1111 Country Club Road, Middletown, CT, in order to receive a pistol permit, valid for 5 years. Full details are available within the Pistol Permit Application.
If you have any questions please call Michele Hayes at 860-434-1605, ext. 212 or by emailing Michele Hayes.