Show All Answers
The Historic District is basically "Lyme Street" in Old Lyme. It runs from Number 1 McCurdy Road at the Town Green on the south end of Lyme Street to the Town Green at the north end, forking left to Number 2 Sill Lane and right to Number 1 Rose Lane off the Boston Post Road.
The Historic District Commission is currently in the process of compiling information on all the properties in the District. Let us know your interest and we will see if we can help.
The Old Lyme Historic District Commission has inaugurated a plaque program to acknowledge historic buildings in the District. Buildings constructed prior to the outbreak of World War II in 1939 are eligible. The 16 inch x 13 inch white oval plaques cost $100 plus tax and contain the name of the original owner or the structure's purpose (Grange Hall, etc.) and the approximate date of construction. An Historic Plaque application may be obtained from the OLHDC by calling 434-1605 ext 224, or from the HDC's web page.