Old Lyme Economic Development Commission Meeting of 3/1/17
1. Review and acceptance of the minutes from the meeting of 2/1//17
2. Real estate discussion regarding news and development around the town and region.
3. Continue discussion of of the latest developments and potential outcomes on the proposed high speed rail line through Old Lyme’s center and the results of the most recent meetings and presentations over the past month. .
4. Extend discussions on what the directions and goals should be for the EDC this year and beyond. Additional details on the possibility of a business survey to attempt to establish needs and wishes of existing tenants and prospects that will have a significant impact on improving Old Lyme’s economic future. How can we assist existing owners do better? What is the impact of zoning?
5. Updates on Sound VIew project and route 156 bikeway development.
6. Discussion regarding the worsening fiscal situation in the State and the probable impacts to our town and others. Initial reduction anticipated to be around $1.1MM
7. Discuss options for new chairperson for EDC.